While most cars today are more reliable, there are a few things to consider that will not only save you money on repair costs, but help to avoid breaking down on the road.
- Maintain tire pressure. Low tire pressure can cause tires to overheat, which can lead to a blowout.
- Follow recommended maintenance services. Follow your owner’s manual and listen to your mechanic. Mechanics don’t sell new cars and are committed to your safety and making your car last.
- Check your car battery. Car batteries usually last 4 to 6 years. If your car battery is older than 3 years, have it tested. Replacing a worn out battery will save you the heartache of breaking down on the road
- Rotate tires often. A tire rotation involves moving the front tires to the rear, and bringing the rear tires to the front. This will extend the life of your tires by insuring they wear evenly.
- Check under hood fluids. Maintain fluid levels, including washer fluid, will help to avoid break downs and keep you safer. Also, it will help to maintain proper engine function.
- Inspect belts and hoses. Belts and hoses wear over time. On some car models, it may be difficult to see the belts and hoses, so seek the assistance of your mechanic.
- Carry a road side emergency kit. This kit should include a flashlight, water, a first aid kit, snacks, booster cables, emergency flares, a blanket, gloves and a list of emergency contacts. You should also carry your cell phone and phone charger
- Wear your seat belt. Seat belts save lives. Air bags are not meant to replace the need for seat belts; rather they work with seat belts to help protect you in the event of an accident.
April is National Car Care Month, and we at Osceola garage pride ourselves on giving the best experience in car care. We treat our customers like family and pride ourselves on always being involved in community events. We care about families and the community we live in. Come see us at any one of upcoming events.
Upcoming April Events
- April 19: Putnam Business EXPO – Will we have a booth, so stop by and say hello! Put you name in to win a free oil change! More Info
- April 26: Putnam County Heart Walk – We will be there in support for the heart walk as a Corporate Sponsor More Info
- April 28: College and Career Fair At BOCES (Technical High School). I will be there speaking to parents and students about pursuing a future career in the Automotive Industry. More Info
If you are interested in having us sponsor or attend a community event, please feel free to contact us