Autumn is arguably one of the most beautiful times of year in our region. However, along with the changing leaves, comes changing driving conditions. Since many of us will be taking to the roads to enjoy the Fall season, listed below are a few auto and driving tips to keep you safe:
- Steer clear of wet leaves – wet leaves are slippery and reduce traction.
- The days are getting shorter, which means you will be driving more during nighttime hours. Make sure all exterior lights are working properly.
- Fall brings the first frost – keep a windshield scraper or small broom in your car and beware of black ice in early morning and evening hours.
- Fall is the best time to get your car checked and prepared for winter. Make sure your car is up to date with all recommended maintenance services.
- Inspect your wiper blades.
- Most batteries fail during the cold months. If your battery is more than four years old, have it tested.
- Fall is also the best time to get your car’s exterior in shape for the harsh winter ahead. A thorough cleaning and waxing will do wonders to protect your car’s exterior finish.
- Falling leaves can get trapped under the wiper blade area, which is where your heater vents are located. Keep this area clear.
- Top off your washer fluid, since you will use more washer fluid during the Fall and Winter months.
- Inspect your tires and check tire pressure. As the temperature drops, so does the air pressure in your tires. You can always stop by Osceola Garage and we will be happy to inspect your tires and adjust your tire pressure at no charge.
Fall is a beautiful time of the year. Get out and enjoy the Fall Foliage and Stay Safe!