Halloween is one of the most festive nights of the year as kids get dressed up in their favorite costumes and go Trick-or-Treating. Here are few driving safety tips if you’re planning to be on the road today.
- Kids will be more interested in going house to house Trick-or-Treating and not paying attention to traffic. So, please be careful and slow down when driving through your neighborhood.
- Kids will be dressed up in costumes that may impair their vision. Be extra careful, kids may not see cars coming down the street.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, be especially careful between the hours of 4 and 8pm.
- Please don’t pass stopped cars, they may be dropping off children
- Watch for kids darting out between cars
- Slow down, look around and be extra careful while backing out of your driveway
- And lastly, always give kids, parents and all pedestrians the right of way.
And to all Trick-or-Treaters out there at any age, stop by Osceola Garage and grab a few goodies!
Happy Halloween and be safe!