Every spring, homeowners get a cooling system check to make sure they’re ready for summer. I’m willing to bet, you didn’t know your car needs one too. Two weeks ago, we talked about how the road salt can dry out and crack gaskets for you transmission and wiper blades. Your car a/c system also has components that require love and attention to prevent component failure. After a cold and wet winter, we can also check to make sure there are no leaks or other issues with your car’s A/C system.
It’s better to have your car’s air conditioner inspected and tested before that first hot day.
If you’re not putting a lot of miles on your car, mold and mildew can develop in your car’s air conditioner and heater system. The first time you turn on the A/C after a long winter, you may get an odor. The odor is most likely a build of bacteria and debris that’s deep inside the A/C vents. This smell may be harmful and not healthy to breathe, especially if you have respiratory problems.
Some Benefits of a spring A/C checkup:
- You’re system works without fail – know in advance you’re ready for summer
- System clean out – harmful bacteria and mold are minimized and air filters are ready to combat allergies.
- Necessary part replacement and addresses wear & tear – identify and replace aging parts like fan belts, wires, and filters that will improve the systems performance and reliability.
- You’re a/c system’s lifespan is extended – regular checkup’s will keep your car running like new
- Costly repairs can be avoided – underlying repairs can be found before they become costly repairs.
To avoid any problems with your car’s air conditioner, have your service professional perform an air condition inspection, which includes an inspection of the cabin filter and vents. In addition, a performance check should be done on the air conditioner to insure it’s working properly to keep you cool and happy all summer long.
Upcoming April Events
- April 26: Putnam County Heart Walk – We will be there in support for the heart walk as a Corporate Sponsor More Info
- April 28: College and Career Fair At BOCES (Technical High School). I will be there speaking to parents and students about pursuing a future career in the Automotive Industry. More Info