The Rubber Manufacturers Association has declared June National Tire Safety Month in order to increase the awareness among drivers about proper tire care and maintenance. Osceola Garage is committed to educate the public on the importance of properly maintained tires. Properly maintained tires improve overall vehicle performance, increase tire life, maintain fuel economy and help prevent accidents and breakdowns, so it’s important for everyone to be aware of tire safety to protect themselves and other drivers on the road.
Tire Safety Tips:
- Check and adjust tire pressure at least once a month
- The correct tire pressure specification is found in your vehicle owner’s manual and on the driver’s door pillar
- Rotate your tires every 8,000 miles to maximize tire life
- Visually inspect your tires every month for wear and damage
- If you’ve hit a pothole, check for damage to your tire and rim immediately
- A wheel alignment and tire balance should be checked once a year
- Keep an eye on tire tread. If your tires are worn they are more likely to hydroplane and put you and your family at risk
- When purchasing tires, ask your service professional for advice on the right tire for your car
If you have an all-wheel drive vehicle, it’s especially important to rotate your tires for equal wear and making sure they all match. Using “matched” tires means all four tires are the same brand, design and tread depth. Mixing tire brands, tread designs and tread depths may cause components in the vehicle’s driveline to fail. All-wheel vehicles are equipped with additional parts that allow your wheels to spin independently and at different speeds this is how your car maintains control in snow and rain. Mismatched tires on all-wheel drive and four-wheel drive vehicles will lead to premature tire wear and may cause drive line component failure.
Whether you drive a four-wheel drive Ford pickup truck or a front-wheel drive Volkswagen, visit Osceola Garage’s Tire Center. Our professional sales associates and service technicians are ready to help you with all of your tire needs.You will find our prices competitive. Our tire shop offers a complete line of quality new brand name tires: Michelin, Pirelli, Goodyear, BFGoodrich, Continental, Dunlop, General and more. In addition, with every set of tires you purchase (either 2 or 4) you will receive lifetime tire rotation and tire balance plus we will fix any flats for the life of the tires.