The Rubber Manufacturers Association has declared June National Tire Safety Month in order to increase the awareness among drivers about proper tire care and maintenance. Osceola Garage is committed to educate the public on the importance of properly maintained tires.
Properly maintained tires:
- improve overall vehicle performance,
- increase tire life,
- maintain fuel economy
- and help prevent accidents and breakdowns.
It’s important for everyone to be aware of tire safety to protect themselves and other drivers on the road.
Tire Safety Tips:
- Check and adjust tire pressure a least once a month.
- The correct tire pressure specification is found in your vehicle owner’s manual and on the driver’s door pillar.
- Rotate your tires every 8 to 10,000 miles to maximize tire life.
- Visually inspect your tires every month for wear and damage.
- A wheel alignment and tire balance should be checked once a year.
- When purchasing tires, ask your service personal for advise on the right tire for your car.
- Consider snow tires if you need to drive during winter months.