We at Osceola Garage encourage you to get your vehicle ready for the Spring with these basic tips to ensure your vehicle is running at peak performance for the months ahead.
- Check all fluids: engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission, windshield washer and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check hoses and belts: ensure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check battery: replace if necessary and ensure connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check brake system: should be check annually, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Inspect exhaust system: for leaks, damage and broken supports or hangers if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay.
- Schedule tune-up: helps the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy and produce the lowest level of emissions.
- Check heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system: proper heating and cooling performance is critical for interior comfort and for safety reasons such as defrosting.
- Inspect steering and suspension system: should be check annually including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other related components.
- Check tires. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots including tire pressure and tread.
- Check wipers and lighting: all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.
Osceola Garage and The Car Care Council offer free tools and information to help consumers drive smart, save money and be car care aware, including the popular 60-Page Car Care Guide.
If you see your car needs attention, don’t delay. Repairing these small things now can help avoid more costly problems down the road, and add years of useful vehicle life.