October is Fall Car Care Month and now is the best time to get your vehicle ready before the harsh winter weather. Taking a proactive approach ensures the safety and reliability of your vehicle and will avoid the headaches of costly repairs later on in the season.
Osceola Garage recommends basic preventive maintenance to keep your vehicle operating at its best.
- Check heating, ventilating & air conditioning systems – Proper heating and cooling performance are critical for interior comfort and for safety reasons such as defrosting.
- Check wiper blades – Your wiper blades are used more frequently in the fall and winter months, so it’s best to have a fresh set installed so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.
- Check tires including tire pressure and tread – Tire pressure drops in colder temperatures, so check your tire pressure once a month. Tires should be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check all fluids – All fluids under the hood including engine oil, power steering, brake, transmission as well as windshield washer and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check battery –If your battery is more than 4 years old, it should be tested and replace if necessary. Electrical issues and ignition problems stem from loose or corroded battery connections, make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check lights – For safety, check exterior and interior lights are working. Remember, the days are getting shorter replace any bulbs as needed.
- Check engine – Adding an engine additive and fuel conditioner will help to maintain performance and help protect and extend the life your car’s engine. Ask Osceola about the right additives for your car.
- Bumper to bumper inspection – A complete bumper to bumper inspection will identify any problems with your brakes, exhaust system, steering, and suspension system. Identifying problems early will save you money.
- Check air filters – An air filter reaches the point where it restricts airflow, the car’s fuel economy, performance, and emissions begin to deteriorate, getting progressively worse until the dirty filter is replaced.
Osceola Garage has offered fall car maintenance specials to the community for 39 years. We host educational clinics throughout the year to help car owners understand the importance of routine maintenance.
Osceola Garage and The Car Care Council offers free tools and information to help consumers drive smart, save money and be car care aware, including the popular 60-Page Car Care Guide.
If you see your car needs attention, don’t delay. Repairing these small items can help avoid more costly problems down the road, and add years of useful vehicle life.
October Special – Receive a free 27 point inspection with any service or repair during the month. Book your appointment online or call us at 845-628-7900 to get your vehicle ready for the season ahead and take advantage of our fall/winter maintenance special.