Now that school is back in session, we should pay extra careful attention as we drive through our neighborhood roads. Here are a few tips you need to keep in mind as you head out in your car.
- Obey the traffic laws. You must stop for school buses with flashing red lights, whether you are approaching from the rear or front.
- Never pass a school bus on the right.
- Kids are unpredictable and the hardest to see. Always be on the alert and slow down around school zones, playgrounds and residential areas.
- Watch for kids as you back out of your driveway.
- Avoid distractions while driving; keep your eyes on the road at all times, no texting while driving or talking on your cell phones.