With snow expected this weekend, I wanted to reach out to you and give you a few quick tips to stay safe while traveling on our roadways.
- Slow down during bad weather – driving too fast is one of the main causes of accidents.
- Completely clear the snow off your car and remove ice from your windshield wipers.
- Make sure your tires are in great shape. Your tires are your most critical safety factor during a winter storm, so consider winter tires if you need to be on the road.
- Replace your wipers, if needed.
- Has your engine’s antifreeze tested? Antifreeze protects your engine and ensures your car’s heater is working properly. Antifreeze begins to break down after 5 years or 50,000 miles.
- Leave yourself enough time to get to your destination.
- Top off your windshield washer fluid and keep an extra bottle in the trunk.
- Keep your fuel tank near full at all times.
- Have your cell phone with you and a car charger.
- Dress properly and have bottled water and a snack with you.
- Has your car battery tested if it’s more than 3 years old? Batteries can die without warning.
- Is your check engine light on? Have it checked today!
- Make sure your car is up to date with all its scheduled maintenance.
If you’re concerned about your car and want to make sure it’s road worthy for winter driving, call us (845-628-7900) or take advantage of our “Winter Promotion”