Getting stuck on the side of the road is never fun. Getting stuck in sub-freezing temperatures during the winter can be life threatening. Old man winter continues to be in full strength this year; bringing severe cold, snow and ice. While there is no way to insure you will not have a mechanical breakdown, there are ways to minimize the odds and be prepared just in case you do.
Cold Weather Tips
- Make sure you car is up to date with all required services, especially those that are needed during the winter months. If you are not sure, contact us. We will help you to make sure you car is winter-ready
- If you car battery is more than 4 years old, have it tested today. Car batteries typically last 4 to 6 years.
- Carefully inspect your wiper blades and replace if worn
- Make sure all exterior lights are working
- If you need to drive in snow, consider snow tires
- Check tire pressure often, tire pressure will drop in the extreme cold
- Check your washer fluid often and keep a spare container in the trunk
- Make sure your heater and defroster is always working properly
- On severe cold days, warm up your car for a few minutes
- After a storm, make sure all the snow is removed from the car and make sure your windshield wipers aren’t frozen to the windshield
- Don’t forget your cell phone and make sure you have emergency contact numbers
- During a winter storm, SLOW DOWN. Excessive speed is the number cause of accidents during bad weather conditions.
For more information visit our website at osceolagarage.com