With so many people staying at home these days with limited reasons to go out, it’s easy to neglect your car. It is not good for your car to sit too long. Cars are a lot like people and need to keep moving.
The COVID-19 crisis will not last and you will want your car running properly when life begins to get back to normal. You will need your car to commute to work, for pleasure and running errands.
Another thing to consider is that many of us will be planning road trips soon. Being restricted from our normal daily routines and weekend excursions will cause a pent-up demand to get out and travel. For these reasons, it’s important to maintain your car and make sure it’s road worthy.
Here are a few tips to ensure your vehicle will be ready for when you need it.
- Start your car at least three times a week and let it run for about 15 minutes. When possible, take a drive. It’s probably a good idea anyway to get out and take a break. Running your car will keep the battery properly charged, prevent the tires from developing flat spots and help keep the oil from becoming sludge. Also, by driving your car, it will help prevent any rust build up on the brakes. Keep your car running efficiently and reduce the chances of unnecessary repairs.
- Keep your gas tank full and add a fuel stabilizer to your tank to extend the life of the fuel. If you have a question about a fuel stabilizer, let us know – we can help with that.
- Thoroughly clean and vacuum your car’s interior. You don’t want to attract little critters.
- Maintain your tire pressure to specification.
- Check your State Inspection sticker on the windshield and make sure it’s not expired. If it’s due, call us – we can pick it up and deliver it back to you.
I hope you found these tips useful. If you have any questions, please call us at 845-628-7900 or contact us at: https://www.osceolagarage.com/contact/
Remember, if you need anything, we are a phone call away!
America together! Community Strong!