Having your car serviced at Osceola will not void your new car warranty!
Neglecting your car’s regular maintenance will void your warranty, but your choice of certified car care center will not. Whether you’re buying or leasing a new or used car, we all want the added layer of protection that comes with a warranty.
Car dealers are trained to promote their repair facilities and suggest bringing the car back for maintenance because it’s another opportunity for revenue. What they don’t tell you is, you don’t have to go back to the dealer unless it’s a warranty covered repair or recall. Having your car serviced at a state registered auto repair shop, will not void the warranty on your vehicle.
Here’s What You Need To Know About Auto Warranties And Routine Maintenance On New Cars:
- The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 prohibits automakers from specifying the use of a certain brand of parts or forcing a car owner to return to the new-car dealership to maintain the factory warranty.
- The FTC, states “An Independent mechanic…can do routine maintenance and repairs on your vehicle.”. The FTC also provides links on how to contact them, if your dealer has denied your warranty claim for this reason.
- Car owners have the right to choose their car care center for regular maintenance which serves in their best interest and will save money.
- You only need to return to the car dealer for warranty covered repairs or recall.
- Do not try to save money by neglecting your car’s regular maintenance. It will void your warranty, reduce the life of your vehicle, and result in costly repairs down the road.
- Your mechanic will make recommendations that may or may not be in the manual. Listening to the mechanic may be wise. Car companies are in the business to sell cars, not making them last 200,000 miles or longer.
Osceola technicians receive ongoing training throughout the year on a variety of automotive subjects to keep pace with technology and are Automatic Service Excellence (ASE) certified. We maintain factory-approved maintenance schedules for all makes and models and will ensure that your new or leased vehicle is serviced at the specified intervals as outlined in your owner’s manual.
We will also retain vehicle service records for all our customers and will keep these records on file for as long as you own your vehicle. You do not have to return to the dealership for routine servicing of your car. From Acura to Volvo, Buick to Saturn …our technicians can perform all of your repair and service needs while keeping your warranty in effect.
Our Relationship is with YOU, not the automaker!
By visiting a certified car care center, like Osceola Garage, you can save thousands on preventative services versus the cost of a what a dealership would charge. Talk with us about how to protect and extend the life and performance of your new car, in the most cost-effective way. Stop by or give us a call today at 845-628-7900 book your appointment and take advantage of our Spring Maintenance Package